Columbia County Transfer Station
& Recycling Center
If you don't need a roll-off container but still have a need for extra garbage and recycling disposal, we invite you to drop your additional waste at the Columbia County Transfer Station and Recycling Center for a small fee.
The Columbia County Transfer Station & Recycling Center accepts all asbestos free construction debris, scrap metal, heavy corrugated cardboard, household waste, appliances, and yard waste.
Also watch watch for Special Household Hazardous Events to get safely dispose of these items.
Paint Care Program
- Deck coatings, floor paints
- Interior and exterior architectural paint: latex, acrylic, waster-based, alkyd, oil-based, enamel (including textured coating)
- Field and lawn paints
- Metal coatings, rust preventatives
- Primers, sealers, under-coaters
- Shellacs, lacquers, varnishes, urethanes (single component)
- Waterproofing concrete/masonry/wood sealers and repellants (not tar or bitumen-based)
Sharps Exchange Program
Residents can join for $5 and then drop off the certified sharps container at the scale house. They will give the customer an empty one – the $5 is a one-time fee.